Cleaning Instructions for our 4 and 8 Chamber Sequential Circulator Garments and our BioArterial Garments
Exterior Case Cleaning Instructions:
- Clean the exterior case and tubing with a damp (not wet) cloth using a mild soap and water solution once per month or as needed.
- Do not allow liquids to enter the equipment, an electrical hazard may be presented.
- Always allow the unit to dry before re-using.
Garment Cleaning/Disinfecting Instructions:
- Disconnect garment and tubing from device.
- Open garment to expose all sides either by separating Velcro type hook and loop or by unzipping (depending on type of garment).
- Use either a large sink or plastic tub able to hold enough solution (depending on size and quantity of garments) to completely submerge garment/s under water including tubing, with the exception of connectors at end of tubing. Solution should consist of 1/3 cup of Tide or equivalent detergent per 1 gallon of warm tap water. NOTE: IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT CONNECTOR AT END OF TUBING BE KEPT OUT OF WATER AT ALL TIMES TO AVOID WATER FROM ENTERING INTERIOR PORTION OF GARMENT/S.
- Garment/s should be soaked for 1/2 hour with mild agitation of garment every 5 to 10 minutes while keeping it below surface of water. NOTE: Occasionally, harder to remove soiling on surface of garment may require additional washing by hand with a clean towel or soft brush while submerged. In all cases, avoid using any abrasive type materials on the exterior surface of garment.
- Thoroughly rinse garment with warm tap water.
- Re-submerge garment in solution consisting of 1 cup of Clorox bleach per gallon of warm tap water for 1/2 hour, again agitating garment every 5 to 10 minutes while keeping garment/s below surface (with exception of tubing connector/s).
- Rinse garment/s thoroughly and allow to air dry.
- DO NOT place garment in washing machine or submerge in water. It is important to keep water from entering interior portion of garment where ultimate damage can occur to the pump.
- DO NOT use the tubing or valves as “handles” for carrying, hanging or storing garment/s.
- In cases when it is necessary for a garment to be returned to the factory for repair or evaluation, it is essential that garment/s are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.