IC-BAP-DL Bio Arterial Plus
HCPCS Code: E0675
Bio Arterial Plus Model IC-BAP-DL
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 12 x 8 (H x W x D)
- Weight: 7.5 lbs
- Inflation: 4 secs (+/- .5 sec)
- Deflation/Rest: 16 secs (+/- 3.0 sec)
- Delay: Between Foot and Calf: 1 sec (+/- .5 sec)
- Cycle: 20 seconds / 3 cycles per minute
is an Intermittent, Sequential, Pneumatic High Pressure, Rapid Inflation/Deflation Cycle Compression System that sequentially compresses both the foot and calf in patients suffering primarily from Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD).
The BIOARTERIAL PLUS SYSTEM is designed to deliver pressures of 120mmHg for two to three treatments per day. The BIOARTERIAL PLUS SYSTEM increases arterial blood flow in both the popliteal artery and at the tissue level. Substantial blood flow increases were realized through duplex ultrasonic imaging of the popliteal artery following treatment with the BIOARTERIAL PLUS. Through affective compression, resultant evacuation of venous blood from the lower limbs, enables replacement with substantial volumes of oxygenated arterial blood.
An adjunct therapy for patient with:
Ischemic disease of the lower extremities
Rest pain, Night pain
Small vessel disease
Pneumatic compression is contraindicated for the patients with:
- Infected Limbs
- Suspected Deep Vein Thrombosis or arterial clots
- Episodes of inflammatory phlebitis or pulmonary embolism
- Undesirable venous and lymphatic return (as with congestive heart failure).